City and Guilds Unit 522 Manage Contractors to ensure compliance with Health and SafetyThese new optional units started from August 2016 and are for those candidates who wish to bolt on a specific unit to the 12 units of the complete City and Guilds NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Health and Safety Practice. Simply add as a bolt on unit or study to help with your CPD (continuous professional development. Overview Unit level: Level 5 Guided learning hours: 5 Unit aim: This unit is for managers who are responsible supervision of contractors in the workplace for management of supervision of contractors in the workplace. Learning outcome The candidate will:
- Be able to manage contractors to ensure compliance with health and safety in the workplace and Understand how to manage contractors to ensure compliance with health and safety,
- Check relevant documentation for currency and approval to work on site has been issued/received, including:
- Approvals for different types of contractor activities
- Approvals are granted by the appropriate persons
- Ensure induction process for contractors is carried out to include:
- Procedures for access/egress and security (consideration made for turnover of workers
- Procedures to be followed in the event of an emergency
- Procedures for dealing with problems
- Safety checks to ensure premises and equipment are left safe and secure during and after use
- The expected standards in terms of contractor welfare facilities
- Adherence to the organisation’s health and safety procedures
- Provide and monitor access/egress to premises and facilities for approved contractors
- Monitor contractor activities to ensure compliance with safe working practices commensurate with the level of risk to the contractor and the effects of their working on others
- Follow approved organizational procedures for dealing with any problems that arise during the use of the organisation’s premises and facilities by the contractors
Talk to Us
About This Course
When can I start the AN Ordosafe Course?
You can start anytime that suits you. We offer open enrollments.
What support will I get with my Ordosafe course?
You will be assigned one assessor/Tutor of our associates throughout the duration of the course so you know who to deal with and build that important rapport. There is no limit to the support you can ask for. This is available via phone, email and Skype. You will also be able to contact a course adviser and use our Website chat facility.
Where are NVQ qualifications recognised?
City and Guilds are internationally recognised as an institution. They are heavily recognised in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Australia. NEBOSH is internationally recognised.
How long does it take to gain a NVQ Qualification?
Most candidates complete the award in 9 – 12 months, some in as little as 3 months depending on what time you have available and what evidence you may already have.