City and Guilds Unit 611 Professional development and ethics in Health and Safety Management (IOSH)These new optional units started from August 2016 and are for those candidates who wish to bolt on a specific unit to the 12 units of the complete City and Guilds NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Health and Safety Practice. Simply add as a bolt on unit or study to help with your CPD (continuous professional development. Overview Unit level: Level 6 Guided learning hours: 18 Unit aim: This unit is for learners with senior responsibility for developing the health and safety policy for their organisation and managing its implementation. Learners will need to be able to develop, advocate, implement and work with key stakeholders Assessment criteria The candidate must:
- Explain the nature and role of the Health and Safety Policy and procedures within the organization
- Explain how the business functions within the organization interact and impact on the Health and Safety policy
- Explain the formal and informal input - conversion - output model of organisational systems
- Explain how individual and group motivation can be achieved
- Explain external factors influencing health and safety eg statutory health and safety requirements including emergency procedures; first aid and medical service provision; fire precautions; major disasters; ionizing radiation incident; environmental impact events; the control of an emergency
- Explain external factors influencing industry best practice.
- be able to define the statutory and workplace health and safety requirements for the organisation, be able to develop the Health and Safety Policy and be able to implement the Health and Safety Policy and Understand the steps required to develop and implement the Health and Safety Policy
Talk to Us
About This Course
When can I start the AN Ordosafe Course?
You can start anytime that suits you. We offer open enrollments.
What support will I get with my Ordosafe course?
You will be assigned one assessor/Tutor of our associates throughout the duration of the course so you know who to deal with and build that important rapport. There is no limit to the support you can ask for. This is available via phone, email and Skype. You will also be able to contact a course adviser and use our Website chat facility.
Where are NVQ qualifications recognised?
City and Guilds are internationally recognised as an institution. They are heavily recognised in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Australia. NEBOSH is internationally recognised.
How long does it take to gain a NVQ Qualification?
Most candidates complete the award in 9 – 12 months, some in as little as 3 months depending on what time you have available and what evidence you may already have.